Monday, February 5, 2018

My Wedding Day Reception

Not all the pictures fit into one post, so I dividing them into my wedding day and my reception. I put some pictures into a collage from my wedding day post, the outfits, getting married and the decorations. I could not have asked for a better day, all we needed was each other and looking good didn't hurt either. Lately I haven't really been dressing up, just work and uniforms, so it felt nice to finally get really dressed up, even if it was only for 2 hours. I had planned a nice reception outfit to wear, both new items as well, which was saved for this post.
As I had mentioned, a little recap here with the pictures from the previous post. I actually really liked how my DIY decorations turned out with the burlap, lace, hydrangeas, wood and blue accents.
For the AM reception, which was right after the court, it was only my mom, my new husband and his parents. We had bought some appetizers and some food to serve, which was very much enjoyed, especially the mini quiches.
Again as I had mentioned in my previous post, I had discovered this blue sparkling wine on instagram and needed to have that as my toasting "champagne". My husband popped open that bottle and served. I had only bought two champagne flutes for us, luckily I bought some plastic wine cups last minute for everyone else.
We took two "cheers" pictures, one here with my mother taking the picture and the one below this one with my mother in law taking the picture. It was actually pretty good wine, we don't really drink, so it was actually a success.
I had changed into a peplum lace top that was tucked in my high waisted striped a line skirt from Rainbow, small was the only size available and I had to squeeze into it. I kept the same jewelry and shoes on. Pearl necklace was a gift from my mother in law, earrings from Valsan, double strand bracelet from Miss A, freshwater pearl bracelet from a local jewelry shop and shoes from Amazon.
It was around 8pm and we were all already relaxing and watching a movie when my cousin had asked if it was ok for her to come over, since I had invited her earlier that morning to come over. She was getting out of work and on her way when she asks if her mom can come as well, I said sure. Just a few minutes later, a longtime family friend asks tells me she is on her way over, since she had also worked until late that day. We were all here celebrating when my cousin tells me her dad got off work and he was also on his way over. Long story short, we ended up having two receptions that day, would've been nice if I knew, since a coworker would've liked to come over.
Luckily we still had lots of food leftover, we fed everyone and we still had the second bottle of blue wine to pop open with them, so it all worked out. It was a great day my husband and I will always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates