Friday, January 19, 2018

My Wedding Day

It was May 2nd 2017, our wedding day finally, but just before that I had a lot to prepare and when I say a lot, I mean a lot. I had to work that day at the hospital, my usual was until 5pm, but I had asked to get out at 4pm since I needed to prep. I stayed up late with my mother's help with the decorations that went on the wall, the tablescape, outdoor decor and making my three tier cake. I had a little bit of a fit when I arrived from work because I felt overwhelmed with everything I needed to do and felt I had no help from my fiance, but my mother calmed me down, oh those pre-wedding jitters. The idea I had in my head was with the table up against the main wall, so my fiance helped with moving of the couch and table, which were on the opposite from the picture below.
I love blue, so that would be my pop of color amongst the wood, burlap and lace. I put a powder blue table cover from Big Lots with a burlap and lace table runner from Amazon. I had some mason jars as flower vases with hydrangeas from Amazon as well and the burlap ribbon, the jute I got from the dollar store. Most of my decor was from Amazon.
Just before heading to the courthouse I wanted a picture on the wooden background and my Mr. and Mrs. burlap banner also from Amazon. I had my hair done at home early that morning, since we had to be at the courthouse by 10am. I used Glam Squad for my hair, which is a service that allows you to set up an at home appointment for hair, nails or make up, I chose to just get my hair done and do my own make up, I had spent enough on this wedding.
We arrived just before 10am and we were called in to start just two minutes after our appointment of 10am. We did the exchange of rings in a very tacky decorated courtroom, but the most important thing was that we were happy exchanging vows.
Then came the first kiss as man and wife.
We had our officiant take a picture of all of us after it was official, his parents and my mom next to me, it was a very happy moment.
Just outside the courthouse after getting hitched, I wore my Oleg Cassini tea length lace dress from David's Bridal, sparkly flats from Amazon as well as the rhinestone sash around my waist and hair accessory.
We arrived home to have a few more pictures taken by my mother, she had to be my photographer. As you can tell it was a very content day and for someone that didn't believe in love or marriage, guess I just needed to meet that special someone to change how I think and feel.
We took a few pics with the tablescape before we changed, my mother had suggested I place my hand on his for this shot. I happily obliged.
I had worked hard on the little details for this day, the three photo picture frame was already on our wall, so I used the paper fans around to frame it. I had these silver chargers with rhinestones around the edges since 2012 when I worked at Michael's and had never used them, since I had gone to pick up my stuff from where I used to live, I had found them just in time. I bought some glass and ceramic plates from the dollar store that worked perfectly and didn't break the bank at all. The candle votives were also from the dollar store, which I tied with jute to complete the look.
My now husband and I had gone to BJ's to get some quick food to cook up on the barbecue and bought me some tulips as it was springtime and I fell in love with them, looked great as a backdrop for my cake. My three tier vanilla cake with maple frosting didn't exactly come out as I wanted it to, but making it in the middle of the night just a few hours before the wedding, it didn't come out too bad. It was a naked cake for the rustic look, dusted with powdered sugar, the idea was with either flowers or fruit on it too, but did not have any at the time. Plated on a thick wooden stand and burlap Mr. and Mrs. toppers, both from Amazon
We finally were able to open the infamous blue wine I wanted for this day and it was actually pretty good, everyone seemed to enjoy it. It's Blanc de Bleu and I was able to find it at Publix.
I hadn't really taken any pictures with just my mother, so I took a selfie with her to send back to Nicaragua. She was very happy to be here with me for this day, a day she never thought would happen so soon, knowing how I am. There were too many pictures taken this day to all be put in one post, so the next post will have the others, the outfit change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates