Thursday, September 7, 2017

Proudly Engaged for Thanksgiving

My engagement ring finally arrived just three days before Thanksgiving and he actually got down on both his knees and professed his love. We are not traditional, I actually picked out my ring and we had already discussed we would get engaged well before we started looking for rings, but with him proposing, I knew I wanted that tradition. He had been married twice before, but never for love and this would be his first, I always say it's because I'm special and he appreciates it very much. I didn't have a manicure done when he proposed, so I had to quickly do one for my photo-ops, since working in a bakery, manicures don't last, I had stopped doing them.
For Thanksgiving I wore this new dress I had received as a gift from Forever 21, booties from Sears, freshwater pearls necklace from a site that no longer exists, pearl earrings made by me and watch from Target.

I didn't want your typical diamond engagement ring, since I love blue, I wanted one with a blue gemstone that also wouldn't break the bank, though he had told me I was worth it, I still didn't want so much money spent on it when there are more important things we could use the money for. This blue topaz ring with white sapphires is from the Zales website, manicure was with Sally Hansen polish and Opi glitter.
The lovely couple. At this point I had wanted to get married on a significant date, so the first date I had come up with was December 30th, which was the date we got back together the year before, but honestly that was not enough time to plan anything and it turned out to be a very busy season with both my employers, plus holiday parties, so I moved to May 2nd, when my parents got married. Worked out well. Will be a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates