Friday, August 7, 2015

Decked Out in NC

My brother's police academy graduation day finally arrived on Monday the 3rd and I was going to go all out, since I never get to dress up anymore. If you remember from a previous post, I had bought two cupcake skirts from Macy's and had already worn the maroon one for a friend's birthday, but this one was yet to be worn as there were no events. Since I finally had an event to wear something nice to, I decided I would wear the other cupcake skirt, which was striped black and tan. I didn't have a top that would go with it, so I needed to do a little shopping around. I looked around for different colors, but settled for black as it was the best color to go with this skirt. The heels were part of many things my friend had given me back when my mom was here for a week, since she's always giving me things, but since this was the first time I could dress up, I hadn't worn them until now. They were extremely high and hard to walk in, but they looked so great and completed the outfit, they also look just like my previous luggage that traveled so much with me and finally retired just last December for my trip from NYC to Nicaragua. The smaller version of that luggage still exists, but in upstate NY with many of my things including dresses, tops, shorts and cold weather clothing, which one day I will see again.


Striped cupcake skirt from Macy's, fsr brand, top from Rainbow which is the same one from the previous post with the sleeves tucked in and heels from Ann Taylor.
I finally got to use my black clutch for a second time, which was barely used the first time in NYC for a cocktail party for top NY families, which is from Butlington Coat Factory.

I reserve my contacts for special occasions and this was final one of them.
I had ordered a gold and beige necklace and other earrings to go with this outfit, but the order didn't come in time and still   hasn't arrived, which was ordered July 22nd from mini in the box. So one of the days I worked at Macy's, I went into Forever 21 to see what I find and boy did I find it! I got this gorgeous statement necklace from there, earrings from mini in the box, which were the only thing that arrived in time, ring from Beya that I also bought that day with the necklace and watch from mini in the box.

Freshwater pearl and black Swarovski crystals bracelet from Burlington Coat Factory.

Of course I had done my manicure before the trip to match the outfit this day, using my new nail polish from Revlon Parfumerie in beachy, along with some nail stickers from the dollar store.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates