Friday, February 9, 2018

NC In The Summer

My husband and I have have had plans to move away from Florida, I've actually been trying most of my life. My brother and his family moved to Wake Forest, NC and I had gone a few times to visit since they moved and I was definitely in love with the place. I had spoken to my husband about the state and potentially moving there and he was more than happy with the idea, in fact he was the one who actually suggested Charlotte. Since there are many Publix there, we could just ask for a transfer and have job security.
  My oil change was due just before the trip, which was a good thing since we would be traveling a few thousands miles. I had my husband do the dirty work after I bought the oil and the filter.
 Since my brother lives in NC, we had decided we would stop by and see everyone. Naturally that meant getting gifts for my niece and nephew. I headed to one of my favorite stores, DD's Discount to see what I could pick up for them. I found a complete outfit for my nephew, checkered shirt, belted cargo shorts and maroon colored shoes, which he loved. For my niece I found two flowy top, a cupcake skirt like the ones I own to match her fashionable aunt and the cutest little purse!
  We headed out Friday night July 21st after working and packing to let the traffic die down some, In Miami, there is never light traffic, which is one of the reasons we are dying to move away. We were driving all night and we were able to enjoy the sunrise along the way, great view.
  It was a 12 hour trip to my brother's house in Wake Forest, which was a good decision to make since my husband had been driving all night with no sleep and straight to Charlotte was 15 hours. We had some breakfast and took a nap for a few hours, later that day my brother took us out on a little supermarket tour and the one we got out of the car to see was of course Publix. This is the one that was still under construction the last time I was there, so it was nice to actually see it finished. We actually saw the one in Wake Forest, Charlotte, which is the one we called and Concord. The one in Charlotte I was told later on would be the one I would be transferring to and Concord would be the one my husband would be going to, again since Publix doesn't allow marriages in the same department, shame since we work so great together, though I might be trained as a baker apprentice soon and the position I was going to be transferred as is bakery clerk, which is what they need.
  We looked at the bakery and there are actually different products that are not sold in the south Florida stores, I had never seen them, but my husband had since he's been doing this for many many years. Also at these stores the hot case doesn't exist, which are the croquetas, empanadas, pastries, etc. Looking at the desserts counter picture now, I see that these are the desserts that are just coming new to our stores, funny since Publix is a Florida supermarket.
  We spent that first night at my brother's and headed to Charlotte the following morning, Saturday, to check out those other two stores and meeting with bakery managers and store managers. After that we explored the city and neighboring ones, I had taken multiple snapchats instead of pictures, so I had to screenshot my snaps to get them on here. We drove by the Charlotte motor speedway on our way back from exploring Concord.
  At Home was a store I had fallen in love with on one of my past trips and told my husband we definitely needed to go there, it's a home store that sells decor, furniture, household needs amongst other things. My husband definitely loved it as well, we ended up purchasing a few things. In the parking lot, just before heading in, we caught a few geese flying by.
  We hadn't taken any pictures together during the trip and I thought it was time, right outside of the store.
  We also had plans to see some houses and neighborhoods, we drove into one really nice one with many beautiful homes, but those would definitely be expensive.
  We started driving back a day earlier to make a pit stop in Kissimmee to see my husband's daughter. This time we left early morning and got quite a bit of fog along the way, here it was in South Carolina. All in all it was a great trip, a nice getaway and an informative trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates